Friday, February 12, 2010

Garland Park Waterfall

With all the rain, I thought it would be a good idea to run up to Garland Park the back way and come down the Waterfall Trail. This is a path I do not usually run, but felt the added water feature would be cool. So Saturday I went that way...dodging the rain and not completely, up my usual back entrance, past the Mesa pond, which was nicely filled finally.
I then turned back and headed down the Waterfall trail. It had started to rain a good bit and I was heading down at a pretty good clip, so I was real careful not to slip and try to find solid landing places.
Finally get to the Waterfall...and really not much water. It must just come and go really fast during big events. The cool thing was the beautiful canyon that has been carved there through the ages.
Green mossy walls, golden limestone boulders, and Mother Nature doing her best to flatten out the world in which we live.
Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment